Monday, March 28, 2011

Stage 1

Tough and hot, did I say hot and with that dust. Dustiest I have ever raced. The mountains are big here and get snow in the winter, the country is a mountain desert. The vineyards are everywhere. The water comes out of the top of the mountains from winter rain and snow and flows down the steam year round. They collect the water in reservoirs for irrigation for the growing season. The race went slower than I had hoped, the heat is a huge factor for Gary. I have been in country long enough to adjust. When I first arrived I found the riding very difficult with the temperatures. Two weeks ago we had 40c plus in these mountains. I am very pleased how Gary handled the technical today. I am sure tomorrow he will again be strong. 6 more days to go.......

4 comments:

  1. keep it together boys. tomek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about you're times.Just make sure you finish but don't let World Famous Team Salty Balls beat you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Don and Garry! Keep it up. Making us proud!!

    ReplyDelete